Saturday, February 9, 2008

Fridays are my days off...with no work and no school. I got really lucky and it was a super nice day, and I wanted to take advantage of it. When we were in New York, April took us to this little cafe called Think cafe. It was such a cool little place with really high ceilings, hard wood floors, plenty of places to sit including a bar, comfy couches and armchairs, big tables, booths, work from local artists on the walls, amazing coffee, staff with a lot of character, yummy sandwiches, bagels and soups, good music, and always flooded with NYU students since it is in the heart of their campus. It got me thinking that living in city like San Francisco, there has got to be some cool places like that where I could hang out, study, and meet new people. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy Starbuck's and Peet's coffee, mainly because it is convenient, reliable, and they know how to make good coffee. But I want a place with more character...somewhere unique that I would actually enjoy being for study time.

So yesterday I tried a new place in the inner sunset called the Beanery. My vanilla latte was excellent, the staff was friendly, but there were only about 6 small tables inside and 4 outside. It is tiny and not really a place I could hang out with friends, but it was perfect for the "me" time I hoped for. I sat outside and soaked up the sun while I wrote some letters to people. After that Monica and I went shopping for a bit on Haight, then hung out at home. Last night we all went dancing which was really fun, but I feel like an old woman now because we went to bed at 5 so I am still sleepy, not to mention the fact that it looks like I need a walker with how much I am limping. Maybe dancing isn't the best activity for someone with bad knees? Hmm..

But that aside, it was a really fun day with absolutely no stress.
(Post about NY coming soon.)

1 comment:

Modern Crush said...

I am so jealous of you - in a good way! I am sooo glad you get a semester to relax and try new things. There is SO much to discover in San Francisco, I really hope that you are inspired to to try all kinds of new things and find cool new places. And then you can show them to me when I come visit! Love ya!